Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 1 - Introductions and information


Introductions and information
by John Lawrence MMT, MTA

Welcome to the MusicTherapy365 blog.

If you are visiting the blog for the first time, this is a good place to start. If you are a return visitor, thank-you!

Over the course of the next year, I intend to share with you a journey into the profession of music therapy. This means that I will be sharing personal and professional insights, resources, and tools that you may use to improve your clinical skills, education concerning music therapy, and/or find resources that may be helpful for your own child/parent/friend with a disability or health condition.

So who am I that I presume to have knowledge worthy of dissemination to a wider audience? Professionally, I am a music therapist and educator. Personally, I am a father, a brother, an uncle, a cousin. I have been working as a music therapist for the past 15 years, and provide an Introduction to Music Therapy course at Concordia University College. I also have a strong interest in developing and researching various online tools that can assist me in helping my clients engage in new and deeper ways, and my students to learn. Finally, I love to research and build upon my knowledge of the practice and understanding of music therapy. Those are some of the reasons that I want to undertake this blog and share my insights with you!

Final comments...

This blog is intended to be a daily source of information, similar to photographic projects which undertake to provide a new picture, each day for a year. I promise to provide you with substantive blog entries, not just a brief "here's the resource, do with it what you like" post. Return often and please feel free to comment, share your own insights, and criticize me (I think I can take it!)

John Lawrence MMT, MTA

2 comments:

  1. John,
    Congrats on taking the blog plunge! I look forward to the next 363 days. This will give me a legitimate work-related blog to check during office hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,

    Good luck! I look forward to following this from Arizona.

    Cliff Ewbank, MT-BC

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments and reflections on my postings. Feel free to also add new links/information related to the blog postings.